Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Setting Sun



There's a reason why the hour between when the sun is placed high in the sky to sneaking beyond the horizon is called the "Golden Hour." The warmth of the sun makes everything glow and, in my opinion, this light produces an aura of timelessness.

The setting sun could be used as a metaphor for the later years of childhood where our children have that perfect balance of innocence with understanding. I know that I will look back fondly on these days where my kids can have fun interacting with us and then cuddle on the couch at the end of the day. Maybe even call them the "Golden Years" of parenting. It seems as though we fight the clock approaching those teen years where that innocence of a child gets lost. Time can't be frozen, but it can be captured. 

My hope when taking these photos was to capture a mom and her daughters as they navigate through this "Golden Age."
































No comments:

Post a Comment