Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Back to the beginning



Recently a lot has happened that has given reasons to reflect. I've learned that our brains function like a sophisticated storage system. With all the hustle and bustle of busy life, we push the past aside to make room for the new. Like the Cloud, these past moments are stored safely for a later date. Just when needed the most, we can download the most wonderful memories.

My first years out of college were spent as a graphic artist and then I moved over to photography a few years after my first son was born so that I could work from home. To get started I knew that to have people trust me as their photographer, I had to prove my art.

At the time we lived on a street with so many wonderful young kids. This was before I had kids of my own so they were my little playmates. This situation was perfect for me because when I needed subjects to photograph they were all willing to help. I was able to gather an army of kids to practice with and created a portfolio so that I could go out into the big bad world to sell myself as a professional photographer.

I want to give a special thank you to three sisters to whom I watched grow from little bitty girls to amazingly beautiful and talented women and teens. When you see these photos you'll see why these girls were on the top of my list to use as portfolio subjects. My criteria was not only beautiful, but also siblings that had close connection that would be obvious in the photography. These girls had it all!

When I am flooded with those wonderful memories from the past, the kids I played with on our street come to front and center of my brain. Special moments and memories that are with me forever.

Now what lessons have I recently learned?
Life is so fast! Smell the roses and take LOTS of photos!


















No comments:

Post a Comment